Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Goodbye AKM 101

30th November 2010
Reflection 11
Just like our pupils, we were anxious about the test and were trying to cram our brains with the various initiatives. There were instant moans and sighs when we received the question paper. We had 3 questions to answer. I decided to start with question 3 ( 10 mark Q) and started penning down my answers related to PERI before I forget the initiatives. On second thoughts, not sure if that is what is required of the question.
Then I moved on the questions that required some computation.( Boy! Maths is not my cup of tea) Anyway, the test is behind us now and I believe all my classmates will share this sense of relief having completed and submitted all our assignments ( We did it people! Give yourselves a treat with the big bonuses)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dr Yeap for sharing the various initiatives launched by MOE in a light-hearted, engaging and illuminating perspective. I am inspired by his passion for the teaching of Math and this is translated in the way he conducts his tutorial. He is truly an exemplary to us. He always begins the tutorials by establishing our schema before proceeding further and sees to it that his lessons encapsulate the initiatives. I am amazed at the ease with which he does this. What I like most about the lessons is the tone in the classroom. It is very important to set this non-threatening climate and I must say we feel a sense of bonding during these sessions where we learn about the meta cognitive processes and not worry ourselves at providing accurate answers.


On the whole, it was a beautiful learning journey for me. On this note, I would like to wish Dr Yeap, Dr Dawn and all my classmates Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you guys next year, fully revitalised and rejuvenated.

One quotation that will stay with me:

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete